At the Stockton Trauma Recovery Center we strive to create healthy, vibrant, safe, and healed communities through a multi-pronged approach that positively strengthens and supports individuals, families, and communities. We help victims of violent crimes who traditionally don’t get the care and culturally-relevant support they need to access mental health treatment and comprehensive clinical support. Our emphasis is “Healing the Hood, through selfhood, childhood, sisterhood, brotherhood, parenthood, and neighborhoods”.
Funded by VCB (Victims Compensation Board Program) the STRC is one of only 12 trauma centers in the state of California and 22 in the nation that provide free mental health and case management services. The Center is located in downtown Stockton and consists of an intake office, private counseling room, and group therapy room. We have enrolled over 2,000 unduplicated clients into our services and programs and educated more than 10,000 individuals on the benefits and the process involved in acquiring trauma informed services.
Our goal is to disrupt the retaliatory cycle of violence that has plagued our community for generations. In order to heal, we must address intergenerational trauma and eradicate gun violence and also work with the families and loved ones who survive gun violence losses. We have served more than 2200 people with mental health treatment, case management, crisis intervention and advocacy efforts and educated more than 10,000 individuals on trauma informed services.
Our mission is to stand besides all survivors to guide them towards healing & resilience & to create a better quality of life through culturally rooted healing, advocacy & empowerment.
(#TransformativeHealing #FaceYourWounds #Empowered #HealthySanJoaquinValley #HealingStockton)
In partnership with SUSD FFSJ STRC launched the first ever “Healing School” at El Dorado School in Stockton and in partnership with the Housing Authority of San Joaquin, the Trauma Recovery Center has opened up the first satellite clinical office in Conway Residential Homes.
Our programs and services include:
- Therapeutic Services: Through therapeutic services we are able to help individuals walk through the process of healing to bring them to a place of mental stability; Clinical Evaluations, Individual Therapy, Group Therapy, Family Therapy, and Crisis Interventions
- California Victim Witness Compensation Program (VCP): We assist each individual through the process of applying for VCP
- Case Management: Each client is treated individual to access each of their immediate needs. Case Managers provide referrals to community resources, shelter, food, transportation, and case manager also provide house visits to accommodate clients.
- Outreach: The outreach team creates community relationships through on-the-scene response, outreach advocacy, hospital visits, home visits, community presentations, and collaborative partnerships.
- Advocacy: Uplift the voices of survivors of crimes by participation in statewide initiatives that will ensure the voiceless have a voice
- Healing Through Culture “La Cultura Cura.”: We heal through a cultural approach by providing Healing Circles, Support Groups, Loved Ones of Homicide Victim Support Groups, and Grief & Loss
Our Impact: For 2018
- 343 clients served
- 130 Domestic Violence
- 79 Homicides
- 46 Assaults
- 9 Bullying
- 36 Shooting
- 11 Child abuse
- 2 Sexual Assault
- 17 Child Sexual Abuse
- 3 Human Trafficking
- 8 Vehicular Assault
- 2 Elder Abuse
- 86 VCB application submitted
- 352 clients receiving therapy
- 83 group sessions
The trauma recovery center has helped me a whole lot. It was great to be actually heard and have someone believe my story. – Bonita