Do you have a passion?
- Do you love outdoor pursuits, or would you rather be involved in issues pertaining to local or national heritage?
- Do you care deeply about environmental and conservation issues and want to focus your efforts in that area?
- Are you interested in working in a healthcare or mental health setting?
- Do you prefer working with children, young people, or older adults?
How much time can you give?
- Can you serve during the week, or does your schedule limit the amount of time you can commit?
- Can you make a minimum one-year commitment?
What do you bring, or want to acquire?
- What skills do you bring? For example, are your skills and interests more administrative and managerial? Would you want to help run an organization?
- Are you willing to go through a training program?
- Is service a way for you to get practical training and experience to help you get a job, or to get certification or credentials for a current job or educational pursuit?
- What do you hope to gain from the experience, building skills, helping people, working on a team, making friends?
Where and how do you want to serve?
- Would you like to work with someone on a one-on-one basis, such as mentoring a teen or helping an adult learn to read?
- Do you prefer working in a group—as part of a team—such as helping to renovate a community center or preparing and serving food at a homeless shelter?
- Are you comfortable responding to situations as they arise, or do you need to know what to expect when you come in?
- What supports, such as transportation or child care, would you need?
- Would you like to work independently on issues such as creating community assets or developing local agencies’ abilities to serve their communities better?
Benefits of Service
- Do you want to acquire qualities of leadership and gain a sense of satisfaction from taking on responsibilities that directly affect peoples’ lives?
- Do you want to learn new skills that can help you prepare for a job?
- Do you want to earn an Education Award to pay off qualified student loans or to finance college, graduate school, or vocational training?
- Do you want to help your community, help yourself and make a difference in the lives of someone in need?
- Do you want to earn a small stipend for your regular service?
Ready to Join?
If you’re ready to join Click the link to Sign-up Here: Join FFSJ